Water SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Test
Principle: The Water SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Test is a real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR) test that detects and quantifies viral RNA in an appropriately prepared wastewater concentrate sample. When used with the 105 ml concentration protocol, the lowest concentration of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater that can be detected by the Water SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Test is approximately 1 gene copy/1 ml.
Capital equipment required: Yes
The Water SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Test is a real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR) test that detects and quantifies RNA from the SARS-CoV-2 virus in untreated wastewater.
- Validated protocol by manufacturer of market-leading waste water tests, including the Colilert-18®/Quanti-Tray® method
- Built-in protocol flexibility for a highly dynamic matrix
- Validation on common RT-qPCR instruments
- WRF Study confirms repeatability and consistency of detection Click here for full study.
- A history of an excellent supply chain: IDEXX Water has greater than 99.9% availability for key products
- Sterile and consistent manufacturing facilities, compliant with ISO and GMP standards
- Technical support staff with decades of experience in wastewater
- Highly sensitive RT-qPCR test, with detection of the N1 and N2 regions of the virus
- Comprehensive quality-control protocols to ensure consistent results
IDEXX Laboratories Inc view full details
Website: Visit Website
Tel: + 207 856 0496