Three Major SARS-CoV...
26th March 2021 Content supplied by: Jiangsu Bioperfectus Technologies Co., Ltd.
Real-Time Ebola Virus Test Detects 99% of EVD-Causing Strains
Bioperfectus has launched the Ebola virus Real-Time PCR Kit, an in vitro diagnostic test that can detect Ebola virus RNA (Zaire and Sudan, which covers over 99% of Ebola Virus Disease).
- Samples can be obtained from whole blood, serum, plasma, and urine.
- Detection of Ebola Virus-specific RNA
- Internal Control (IC): Housekeeping gene
- Assay Runtime: 76 minutes (This is running time on Applied Biosystems 7500)
- Analytical Sensitivity: 500 copies/ml
- Analytical Specificity: No cross-reaction with other viruses that show similar symptoms
- Storage Temperature: -20±5℃
- Transportation Temperature: -25℃ ~8℃
To halt the spread of the resurgence Ebola virus in West Africa, it is critical to ensure the fast detection ability.
Ebola virus disease (EVD), formerly known as Ebola hemorrhagic fever, is a severe, often fatal illness affecting humans and other primates.
The virus is transmitted to people from wild animals (such as fruit bats, porcupines, and non-human primates). It then spreads in the human population through direct contact with the blood, secretions, organs, other bodily fluids of infected people and surfaces and materials contaminated with these fluids.
The average EVD case fatality rate is around 50%. Case fatality rates have varied from 25% to 90% in past outbreaks.
If you want further details, please use the 'Request Information' button provided below.
Date Published: 26th March 2021
Source article link: View
Three Major SARS-CoV-2 Variants