21st May 2021 Product update: rapidvirology staff writer
Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing Italy Opens New Virucidal Testing Laboratory
Disinfectant products have become pervasive in our daily lives as a result of COVID-19. They are being used much more widely and frequently than before, and demand for and development of such products has increased significantly, as have testing requirements.
Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing Italy (Eurofins BTP Italy) has expanded its virucidal testing capacity with the opening of a dedicated laboratory in its Milan campus. The laboratory will carry out testing and studies on disinfectant products.
The additional 400sqm BioSafety Level 2 laboratory is fully dedicated to carrying out virucidal testing and studies on disinfectant products in response to the increasing global demand for such services in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This state-of-the-art ISO 17025 accredited facility, certified for Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice, accredited by the Italian drug agency AIFA and audited by the North American Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is ready to provide testing services and studies to assess and demonstrate the general virucidal activity (against enveloped and/or non-enveloped viruses) of products and determine efficacy levels against specific viruses, like coronaviruses or influenza ones.
Tests are performed following international validated standards and guidance; CEN, ISO, ASTM, and OECD. With 8 biohazard virucidal workstations and cell culture manipulation testing equipment, the Italian laboratory will increase Eurofins Biopharma Product Testing’s (hereinafter, BPT) virucidal study capacity from 40 to 100 studies per month.
Eurofins BPT Italy, based in an 18,000 sqm campus in Milan, employs 350 people and provides laboratory testing services and research services to the disinfectant, medical device, and pharmaceutical industries. Our experts have over 20 years of experience in assessing the efficacy of disinfectant products against microorganisms and viruses in its microbiological laboratories.
The new virucidal testing laboratory contributes to expanding Eurofins footprint in the fight against the coronavirus as well as supporting development, regulatory, and testing activities to clients serving the healthcare, medical, and pharmaceutical sector worldwide.
Range of services include:
- Efficacy studies against standard viruses EN test method
- Efficacy studies against specific viruses, including a wide specific viruses portfolio
- Virucidal efficacy of a disinfectant applied to a room via a fogger or misting device
- Virucidal efficacy of a disinfectant for use on inanimate environmental surfaces
- ASTM E1052 standard test method for the efficacy of antimicrobial agents against viruses in suspension
- ASTM E1053 standard test method for the efficacy of virucidal agents intended for inanimate environmental surfaces
- Disinfectant qualification testing for antiviral activity
- AATCC 100 assessment of antibacterial finishes on textile materials modified for virucidal efficacy method for U.S. EPA or Canada submission
Please reach out to request information or click here for this and other COVID-19 related services.
Date Published: 21st May 2021
Source article link: View
Note: This content has been edited by a rapidvirology.com staff writer for style and content.
Diagnostic Test for Bovine Coronavirus
WHO and Switzerland Launch Global